Bedbugs are one of the most difficult pests to treat because of the way they infest your home, office or hotel room. At Bugstoppers Melbourne we have had years of experience in treating bedbugs, we understand that treating bedbugs with conventional methods gives poor results. Being so small they are a flat oval shape about the size of an apple pip. Their flattened body allows them to squeeze into cracks and crevices, this makes them hard to find and eradicate. They are a blood sucking insect that requires blood for nutrition and growth; they mostly feed at night when we are asleep. The bit may cause the skin to become itchy and inflamed. The infestation of bedbugs can be spread easily so it is important that you do not move furniture or bedding from one room to the next. The control bedbugs requires the help and cooperation from the owners of the property in conjunction with the Bugstoppers technician so we can work together to get the infestation under control.
Some of the signs for bedbugs are
- Are you being bitten in bed?
- Do you have wheals (red bite marks) on your arms, shoulders or back?
- Blood spotting, faecal marks, egg cases on mattress and bed base seams?
- Do you travel regularly, interstate or internationally?
- Have you stayed in motels, backpackers or hotels that may have been infested?
- An offensive, musty odour from the bugs’ scent glands?
- Bed bugs transmit blood transmitted pathogens?
- You run the risk of contacting blood diseases (if any) of their previous prey?
- The victim may go into anaphylactic shock which can be life-threatening?
- Their presence & attack can cause insomnia, anxiety, loss of appetite, irritability, inability to focus, resulting in a weak immune system?